Friday, March 14, 2014

Springtime in Maine: A Photographic Journey

Yeah, remember how I said that it was starting to warm up and the snow was starting to melt?



Not so much, turns out.

It snowed for the past two days, more or less without stopping, and dumped somewhere around a foot of snow on the city (I think; I never actually heard how much snow fell in total, but my Mainer instincts tell me it was around that).


Luckily, I love winter with a deep, abiding passion; actually, I think the only reason my city exists is the snow, since it tends to make it look cozy and Christmas card-looking, as opposed to how it usually looks (i.e., somewhat depressing; keep in mind that Stephen King based the book IT on my city). So, on my walk to the library today through the downtown area of our fair city, I decided to snap some photos to make all of those in warmer areas of the world grateful (or envious, if you love the snow as I do).









No comments:

Post a Comment